Earlier today, Feral Interactive released LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 for Apple’s Mac OS X computers.
Obviously it covers the last three Harry Potter books, and the last four Harry Potter movies – Order of the Phoenix, the Half Blood Prince, and The Deathly Hallows.
If you’ve played the previous LEGO Harry Potter games on computer or iPhone/iPad, you’ll recognize the humor that’s present.
- 150 playable characters (when unlocked) including Bellatrix LeStrange and Fenrir Greyback (Werewolf)
- Co-Operative mode that allows you to play with two players on the same side
- Learn through both Hogwarts and through Dumbledore’s Army
- New locations include: Godric’s Hollow, Grimmauld Place, Ministry of Magic, Muggle London
Requirements: NOTE – These graphics cards are NOT SUPPORTED: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series, and Intel GMA series
- These cards require 4GB of System Memory: NVIDIA 320M, NVIDIA 9400, INtel HD 3000
- Requires Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Download size: 7.32 GB
For how long, I don’t know, but LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 for iOS Universal (iPad, iPod touch, and iPhone) is only $0.99 US, down from a normal price of $4.99.
LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 lets you participate in events from the first four Harry Potter books – Quidditch games, the Chamber of Secrets, the Tri-Wizard tournament and others. You can visit Hogsmeade, Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, and a lot of other places, and you can do so as various Harry Potter characters (over 100).
I’ve got it, paid full-price for it, and it’s definitely worth the $0.99.
The LEGO Group has released LEGO Digital Designer 4.2.5 for both Macs and PCs. There are no changes listed for now. If you have LDD installed already, it should allow you to automatically update from within the software.
LEGO Digital Designer is what it sounds like, a piece of software that allows you to create LEGO models/MOCs of your own.
Unfortunately, Design By Me, LEGO’s service that allowed you to take models that you created with LDD and order the actual LEGO bricks necessary to make them, closed nearly a month ago to the day. You can still share your LDD creations though and the software is still being updated. There are hints that Design By Me may come back in some form. For now, it’s easiest to use LDD and then go up to a website like Brick Link and order from there.
* Mac OS X 10.5.8 or higher
* Intel Processor
* NVIDIA GeForce 5200/ATI Radeon 7500 or better
* Memory/RAM: 1 GB
* Hard drive space: 1 GB
* Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
* 1 GHz processor or faster processors
* 128 MB graphics card (OpenGL 1.1 or higher compatible)
* Memory/RAM: 512 MB or higher
* Hard drive space: 1 GB